The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Strategic Customer Development Manager, Argentina in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
This is a professional level position wherein the incumbent will be located in Argentina – Buenos Aires city and will be responsible for the management of Argentina (80%), Uruguay and Paraguay. They will be responsible for all Customer Engagement activities within these territories/countries, with a more heavily weighted focus on chemical medicines and pharmaceutical accounts (around 120 customers/stakeholders). The Customer Engagement Manager will work closely with Director, Marketing & CE, LATAM General Manager and other relevant Regional Program Operations (RPO) staff to help with the development of strategies and activities, key account plans and performance goals. This position will coordinate and manage USP projects and services to support strategic initiatives and work closely with other Customer Engagement Managers, PUTs, Scientific Affairs and External Affairs staff, the Region Head, and authorized distributors (AD) to identify product enhancements and new service offerings.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
• This position highly impact USP mission, by identifying key people and decision-makers for USP’s products and services to support the improvement of quality medicines.
• This person will impact USP sustainability by developing and implementing engagement strategies to grow sales and expand relationships with customers. Also, they will convert industry prospects into customers and create high-valued relationships to increase USP’s account penetration and the overall value of USP within each account.
• Works with LATAM Marketing & CE Director and Regional Head and other LATAM team members in analyzing data, preparing reports on sales trends for USP and competitor products, and make recommendations on business impact and directions.
• Provides scientific and / or scientific resource experts (i.e., Reference Standard Technical dept, Scientific Liaisons), technical and marketing support to customers and to relevant departments within USP.
• Develop an overall understanding of USP’s business. Understands the macro and micro factors that influence USP’s overall business to factors relevant to specific users (of USP products and / or services) within manufacturer organizations.
• Understand the relationship between USP, Regulatory, Public Health and Pharma markets both domestically and internationally, and how those relationships impact our Revenue and Mission.
• Work in collaboration and supporting authorized distributor within the countries under their responsibility.
• Acquires knowledge on how the customers use USP products and identify areas for potential new business.
• Develops account specific plans and performance targets. Performs quarterly financial reviews of overall performance and performance against organizational reference standards, publications, and education revenue targets.
• Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with the appropriate HQ (Rockville), Marketing & CE Director and Regional Head & other relevant departments to implement, monitor and measure impact.
• Analyzes sales data for domestic and regional accounts and identifies trends and patterns that can assist the RPO staff in developing strategic plans for future revenue growth.
• Maintains and updates account information for all assigned accounts. Updates USP360 CRM database with customer contact and profiling information.
• Participates in User Forums, face-to-face and/or virtual customer visits and USP trade shows to educate customers and to promote USP reference standards, publications, and education products.
• Serves as an instructor in the USP Education:
• Technical knowledge and ability to support customers.
• Have knowledge about USP, compendiums, monographs.
• Preferably have worked in the pharmaceutical industry in Analytical Development, R&D or Quality Control.
• Dynamism and commercial skills.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related science field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of successful sales and account management experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and / or Biopharma Lab Services industries.
• Strong account and project management skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Self-motivated and proactive with sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and focus on key objectives and able to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
• Proven aptitude for building relationships, credibility, and trust with customers, and creating a collaborative work environment.
• Ability to influence without direct authority.
• Solution-oriented and innovative; can identify creative options for resolving issues that respond to multiple customer interests and needs.
• Native Spanish; Proficiency in English.
• Travel can be around 20% of the time (Uruguay and Paraguay).
Additional Desired Preferences
• Preferable some knowledge in Biologics market.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of pharma industries with established contacts within the research, lab management and product development departments.
• Scientific background / understanding coupled with successful sales track record strongly preferred.
• Experience in an analytical laboratory desired.
• Experience delivering oral presentations to groups of people desired.
• Proven ability to convert prospects into customers and build long term relationships.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Job Type Full-Time