The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Distribution Associate in Frederick, Maryland
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top authorities in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 hardworking professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
This is a hands-on non-supervisory position responsible for the processing and shipping of Reference Standard's orders to customers globally. The incumbent will process and ship customer orders quickly and accurately in line with Distribution service levels and customer expectations. They will be responsible for ensuring all shipments leaving the facility are in full compliance with all applicable, state, federal, and international laws and regulations. They will also provide assistance with control of inventory, recordkeeping, and receiving activities.
How will YOU build impact here at USP?
The position's purpose should provide a high-level overview of why the position exists and briefly identify the most critical priorities of the position. This is an opportunity to highlight any features or duties of the role related explicitly to the DEI work of the Department.
• Receives packing slips from customer service (CS) team, which contain order information, including company name, products ordered, quantity of products, domestic or foreign shipment, and shipping method.
• Checks information on packing slips to pack, label, and properly prepare products for shipping.
• Unpacks and stocks various products.
• Maintains inventory records and resolves any discrepancies when needed.
• Acts as liaison with the CS team to answer customer questions, including customer contact.
• Works with customer service staff to resolve problems with customer orders.
• Responsible for annual physical inventory in assigned areas.
• Ensures all shipments meet the requirements of DOT, IATA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for completion of all paperwork required for shipment of USP products.
• Maintains locator program in the ERP System.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
• Backup to Senior Distribution Specialist related to prepare DOT and IATA documents.
• Ability to move within inventory and fill orders walking in ambient, and cold environments (refrigerator and freezer).
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a proven understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through diverse and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with team members, along with the following competencies and experience:
• Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma.
• Must have at least 3 years of proven experience in a warehouse distribution environment.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
Additional Desired Preferences
High level of attention to detail, organization skills, and time management. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers is vital. Knowledge prioritizing and sound judgment needed. Knowledge of DOT and IATA shipping guidelines preferred.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Distribution/Facilities
Job Type Full-Time