The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Office Administrator, Customer Service in Frederick, Maryland
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
The Customer Service Associate performs administrative and office support activities for the Customer Service (CS) Department. The Customer Service Associate responds to customer inquiries via case, phone, and eFax, as assigned by Customer Service Management. Candidate performs all compliance related screening tasks and associated projects to prevent shipping items to denied parties and releases eligible orders. The candidate is also responsible for sending all shipping related documents to customers globally. In addition to the above responsibilities, the incumbent may be responsible for receiving and processing USP’s global customer quotes and queries. Ensures maximum goodwill with all customers, and processes queries and responds within 48 business hours by following USP’s Customer Experience Goal Standards.
• Maintain employee experience related activities/events.
• File and manager customer sales contracts for authorized distributors or for other customers.
• Manage countries related contract and upload the same in the Determine Application.
• Manage and maintain orders for Office Supplies as needed.
• Manage Department controlled documents/forms.
• Monitor Hold/Entered order Reports and release orders.
• Work Salesforce cases for Orders/Quotes and Queries on daily basis.
• Assist taking customer phone calls and help in Orders/Quotes and Queries.
• Manage digital and physical archive and send to offsite location as mentioned in SOP for record retention.
• Manage Customer Screening for required orders for Customer Service Team in compliance with U.S. Economic Sanctions, Trade and Export regulations as defined by the U.S Department of State, the Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Commerce Department.
• Verifies compliance with US Export regulations for EAR/ITAR/IRS items and ensures compliance with established Economic Sanctions regulations.
• Verifies compliance with Environmental Protection Agency such as EPA (Ozone Depleting items).
• Manage payment and expense reporting for documents issued by Embassy for items controlled in Mexico.
• Support UAT activities as needed.
• Assist in triaging of Salesforce cases during the day.
• Support maintaining CS Team site.
• Assist in managing the CS Training Document in Teams site.
• Completes special projects and other related assignments assigned by CS Management.
• Email Airway Bills, Invoices and Packing Slips to USP global customers daily.
• Assists CX Director with administrative support such as calendar management.
• Produces reports and minutes for internal Service and Support meetings and special projects.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to establish a positive rapport with them.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
• [50%] Perform release of order holds and other assigned tasks.
• [20 %] Work Salesforce cases daily (AWB’s/Orders/Quotes/Queries)
• [10 %] Triage Salesforce cases during the day in US
• [10 %] Manage Reseller grey list, department-controlled documents, sales contract, etc.
• [10 %] Assist CX Director in managing calendar, meeting minutes and produce reports.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in administration or relevant field. Four years of experience in an Administration role will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of professional and/or corporate administration.
• Proficient use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Call center experience consumer or B2B customers.
• Typing speed should be minimum 70 words per minute.
• Able to work flexible hours when needed. Required to work a scheduled shift beginning at 8:30 AM.
Additional Desired Preferences
• Oracle ERP knowledge is desirable but not required.
• Salesforce (CRM) is preferred.
• Familiarity with Ariba or other EDI processes is desirable but not required.
• Strong focus and proven ability to foster a great customer experience.
• Exceptional Administrative Service skills.
• Exceptional multi-tasking ability while handling large volume of work with firm deadlines.
• Excellent organization skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail required.
• Excellent time management and effective decision- making skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Previous experience and proven track record for managing a high volume of email and phone calls.
• Strong telephone skills, typing ability, accurate data entry skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to establish and nurture relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds.
• Maintains composure and enthusiasm in stressful situations.
• Exceptional team skills.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and to escalate issues as appropriate.
• Familiarity with import, export, customs, and business with other countries.
• Prior experience in Pharma/Life Sciences/Chemicals/ Analytical Instrumentation would be preferable.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Customer Service
Job Type Full-Time