The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Associate Manager - Legal in Hyderabad, India
Summary of the Position
The Associate Manager Legal will be part of USP’s Global Legal Affairs (GLA) team and will functionally report to Dy General Counsel and one of USP’s Sr Legal Counsel’s. Administratively, the incumbent will report to Sr Director – Operations, Legal & CS of the organization.
This position will be a hands-on, non-supervisory position to manage day to day activities including contract review, drafting & management, archival, record retention, legal research, compliance with state and central regulations, corporate and secretarial work, database management, corporate record keeping and supporting the legal team with any other ancillary work as may come up from time to time. In addition, the incumbent will be part of USP’s global contract management team. USP’s contract management function is a central contract and risk management function and provides specialized legal advice on contracts related to USP’s products and services globally. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out formal legal review and risk analysis of contracts and provide advice to the stakeholders as per USP’s Contracting SOP’s and collaborate with the stakeholders in their decision-making process. The incumbent will ensure that contracts are aligned with the strategic needs of each stakeholder as well as the organizations overall strategy and goals.
In addition to Global Contracts Management, you will assist the USP India Legal team comprising of Sr. Director- Operations, Legal & Company Secretary and Associate Counsel, Legal and collaborate with them on matters relating to legal research, regulatory landscaping, database management, corporate record keeping and supporting the legal team with other legal activities. This role will have administrative reporting to Sr. Director Operations, Legal & Company Secretary.
Roles and Responsibilities
Contract Management & Associate Manager Legal.
• Act as the single point of contract for USP’s Global Contract Management system.
• Work with the Global Legal Affairs team and manage the Global Contracts and Risk goals of the legal division.
• Effectively manage the Contract Management System and act as the administrator in accordance with the roles and responsibilities set out in the relevant SOP’s.
• Act as a liaison between USP’s Counsels and stakeholders for review and management of contracts.
• Maintain contract databases, monitor contract lifecycle, determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts and compliance with contractual obligations, as required.
• After review of contract, verifying that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their obligations vis-a- vis obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Ensure that Contract SOPs are followed during the review process of a Contract.
• Work with the USP India legal team and participate in day to day legal activities, reviews, assessments, projects, compliance and risk assessment and other site related legal activities that may be identified from time to time.
• Develop standard agreement templates for USP as and when required;
• Assist Assistant Counsel in implementing a contract management system at site. Interact with Global teams for problem solving, training and other system related requirements;
• Assist in developing and implementing a contract’s SOP for site;
• Any other contractual or legal work as may be assigned from time to time;
Bachelor’s degree in law degree from a reputed university. Previous global contract management exposure will be an added advantage. 3-5 years of experience.
• B.A.LL.B (Hons) or a Bachelor’s degree in law from a National Law School or a reputed law college;
• Prior experience in contract management, legal drafting and writing;
• Detail oriented, good research and analytical skills, legal drafting & writing skills;
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Legal
Job Type Full-Time