The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Director, Scientific Affairs (India) in Hyderabad, India
Summary of the Position
The Director, Scientific Affairs is a key technical leadership position in USP’s Global Science and Standards division. The incumbent is responsible to lead a global team of externally facing scientists responsible for being the voice of science for the organization and to grow it scientific relevance by engaging external stakeholders on our science and standards, helping increase the use of USP’s products and services, helping develop scientific content and bringing key stakeholder insights back into the organization. This role is India based only and will not be eligible for global relocation. This role will require up to 30%. travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Developing and executing on strategic plan for scientific affairs in context of USP’s overall direction
• Managing and leading a global team of externally facing scientists, including direct and functional reporting lines
• Working with internal stakeholders and leaders in science, regional program operations, external affairs, and strategic customer development to align on how scientific affairs team will drive and support organizational and regional priorities or key initiatives.
• Collaborating to develop the scientific outreach plan to identify the priority areas to concentrate the scientific efforts; implement the necessary strategies to accomplish these goals.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships at leadership level with key scientific thought leaders in biopharmaceutical development, industry, regulatory agencies
•Helping shape science at USP by collecting and disseminating insights on scientific and technical trends in bio/pharmaceutical research, quality control, manufacturing, and regulations
• Amplifying USP’s thought leadership and relevance in advancing the science of quality for medicines by drafting technical white papers, scientific content, presenting at technical conferences and formation of advisory panels.
• Mentoring and developing scientific staff
• Reviewing scientific and promotional materials
• Advanced degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. pharmaceutical science, chemistry, biology, pharmacy) and eight (8) years’ experience in in bio/pharma. 10+ years total
• 4+ years management with minimum of two years managing and leading scientific teams.
• Experience working externally engaging customers or stakeholders in scientific fields.
• Experience working in a global and matrixed organization.
• Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements and guidelines for biotherapeutics and pharmaceuticals (e.g. FDA, ICH, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
• Aability to establish internal and external peer credibility
• Established network in bio/pharma
• Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a dynamic and changing environment
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Chemistry & Scientific Standards
Job Type Full-Time