The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Scientist III, RSL in Hyderabad, India
Roles and Responsibilities
Executing the analytical tests allotted by Project Leader or Group Leader.
Verification of test protocol and giving test kit approvals, if required.
Supporting Verification, GPH, PQM, stability and other departmental teams in terms of testing and project review whenever needed.
Responsible for preparation of project evaluation reports.
Responsible for sample archival, sample tracking and chemical inventory tracking in the laboratory.
Coordination with group leader to ensure completion of the projects allotted to the team.
Initial review of the project reports and documents and assisting the group leader when required.
Completing the project as per the timelines and troubleshoot the scientific aspects of the projects on need basis.
Responsible for preparation and review of SOPs, protocols, reports etc.
Responsible for performing the calibration of the equipment as per the schedule.
Responsible for preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
Ensuring that the chemicals and column etc. are available for the projects and forward the purchase requisitions.
Taking up any additional responsibilities assigned by group leader from time to time.
Ensure all lab safety and GLP practices are maintained in the lab and participate actively in the internal and external audits and certification.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 4-5 years or master’s degree in chemistry with 7-9 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time and with high quality. Proficient with pharmaceutical testing requirements and test protocols involving compendial methods for reference materials (USP, FCC, NF, etc.). Expert in Chromatographic analysis, especially in HPLC and troubleshooting, proficient in other related analytical instrumentation (Titrations, IR, KF, UV, Thermal, Elemental analysis etc.), Takes personal responsibility for delivery of projects to customers. Ability to embrace and lead change. Extremely adaptable. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Having knowledge of Empower software, ELN, ERP, QR coding system are added advantages. Prior experience in a high volume pharmaceutical manufacturing QC laboratory or contract pharmaceutical analytical laboratory testing organization is a plus.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
· Comprehensive individual and family health insurance plans
· Annual Master Health check-up plans
· Generous paid holidays, vacation leave
· Transportation services for office commute.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Job Category Chemistry & Scientific Standards
Job Type Full-Time