The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Strategic Customer Development Manager, Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia
Summary of the Position:
This is a professional level position wherein the incumbent will be responsible for the market and customer engagement of the Indonesia market. He/she will report to the Senior Strategic Customer Development Manager, South East Asia and also work with other relevant RPO staff to help develop and implement strategic sales plans and performance goals. This position will coordinate and manage USP projects and services to support strategic initiatives and work closely with other Strategic Customer Development Managers and RPO staff to increase the adoption of USP standards and new service offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Makes on site calls to assigned and unassigned accounts. Responsible for identifying key people and decision-makers for USP’s products and services.
• Must be able to develop and implement engagement strategies to grow sales and expand relationships for direct customers and with authorized distributors
• Convert industry prospects into customers. Create and leverage high-valued relationships to increase USP’s account penetration and the overall value of USP within each account.
• Works with various internal and external stakeholders in analyzing data, preparing reports on sales trends for USP and competitor products, and make recommendations on business impact and directions.
• Provides scientific and / or scientific resource experts (i.e. Reference Standard Technical dept, Scientific Liaisons), technical and marketing support to customers and to relevant departments within USP.
• Identify companies willing to work with USP on new monographs, monograph improvement and bulk material.
• Develop an overall understanding of USP’s business. Understands the macro and micro factors that influence USP’s overall business to factors relevant to specific users (of USP products and / or services) within manufacturer organizations.
• Understand the relationship between USP, Regulatory and Commercial markets both domestically and internationally and how those relationships affect our Revenue and Mission.
• Acquires knowledge on how the customers use USP products and identify areas for potential new business.
• Develops account specific plans and performance targets. Performs quarterly financial reviews of overall performance and performance against organizational reference standards, publications, and education revenue targets.
• Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with the appropriate HQ (Rockville) and Regional (APAC office) personnel & relevant departments to implement, monitor and measure impact.
• Maintains and updates account information for all assigned accounts. Updates USP’s Salesforce.com CRM database with customer contact and profiling information.
• Participates in User Forums, face-to-face customer visits and USP trade shows to educate customers and to promote USP reference standards, publications, and education products.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related science field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of successful sales and account management experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and / or Biopharma Lab Services industries.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the biotech and pharma industries with established contacts within the research, lab management and product development departments.
• Scientific background / understanding of analytical science coupled with successful sales track record strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong account management skills, able to uncover customer needs and sell solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, and planning skills required.
• Ability to convert prospects into customers and build long term relationships
• Self-motivated, bias towards actions and be results oriented
• Collaborative within various teams and successful track record working in a complex global, matrix and fast-paced multi-task environment.
• Experience in an analytical laboratory desired.
• Experience in utilizing digital media for outreach campaign desired
• Experience delivering oral presentations to groups of people desired.
Language Skills Required
• English and Bahasa Indonesia
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Job Type Full-Time