The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Strategic Customer Development Manager in Juárez, Mexico
Summary of the Position
This is a professional level position wherein the incumbent will be located in Mexico city, and will be responsible for the management of part of Mexico and Central America. He/she will be responsible for all Customer Engagement activities within these territories/countries (Central America and part of Mexico that will be divided with the current SCD Manager – Ricardo) with a more heavily weighted focus on chemical medicines and Pharmaceutical accounts. The Customer Engagement Manager will work closely with Director, Marketing & CE, LATAM General Manager and other relevant Regional Program Operations (RPO) staff to help with the development of strategies and activities, key account plans and performance goals. This position will coordinate and manage USP projects and services to support strategic initiatives and work closely with other Customer Engagement Managers, PUTs, Scientific Affairs and External Affairs staff, the Region Head, and authorized distributors (AD) to identify product enhancements and new service offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Makes on site calls to assigned and unassigned accounts. Responsible for identifying key people and decision-makers for USP’s products and services.
• Must be able to develop and implement engagement strategies to grow sales and expand relationships with customers.
• Convert industry prospects into customers. Create and leverage high-valued relationships to increase USP’s account penetration and the overall value of USP within each account.
• Works with LATAM Marketing & CE Director and Regional Head and other LATAM team members in analyzing data, preparing reports on sales trends for USP and competitor products, and make recommendations on business impact and directions.
• Provides scientific and / or scientific resource experts (i.e. Reference Standard Technical dept, Scientific Liaisons), technical and marketing support to customers and to relevant departments within USP.
• Identify companies willing to work with USP on new monographs, monograph improvement and bulk material.
• Develop an overall understanding of USP’s business. Understands the macro and micro factors that influence USP’s overall business to factors relevant to specific users (of USP products and / or services) within manufacturer organizations.
• Understand the relationship between USP, Regulatory, Public Health and Pharma markets both domestically and internationally, and how those relationships impact our Revenue and Mission.
• Work in collaboration and supporting authorized distributor within the countries under his/her responsibility.
• Acquires knowledge on how the customers use USP products and identify areas for potential new business.
• Develops account specific plans and performance targets. Performs quarterly financial reviews of overall performance and performance against organizational reference standards, publications, and education revenue targets.
• Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with the appropriate HQ (Rockville), Marketing & CE Director and Regional Head & other relevant departments to implement, monitor and measure impact.
• Analyzes sales data for domestic and regional accounts and identifies trends and patterns that can assist the RPO staff in developing strategic plans for future revenue growth.
• Maintains and updates account information for all assigned accounts. Updates USP360 CRM database with customer contact and profiling information.
• Participates in User Forums, face-to-face and/or virtual customer visits and USP trade shows to educate customers and to promote USP reference standards, publications, and education products.
• Serves as an instructor in the USP Education.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Travel can be up to 50% within the Region with primary focus on Mexico and Central America.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related science field required.
• A minimum of 8 years of successful sales and account management experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and / or Biopharma Lab Services industries.
• Strong account and project management skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communications skills, and telephone manner required.
• Self-motivated and proactive with sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and focus on key objectives and able to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
• Proven aptitude for building relationships, credibility, and trust with customers, and creating a collaborative work environment.
• Ability to influence without direct authority.
• Solution-oriented and innovative; can identify creative options for resolving issues that respond to multiple customer interests and needs.
• Native Spanish; Proficiency in English.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of pharma industries with established contacts within the research, lab management and product development departments.
• Scientific background / understanding coupled with successful sales track record strongly preferred
• Experience in an analytical laboratory desired.
• Experience delivering oral presentations to groups of people desired.
• Proven ability to convert prospects into customers and build long term relationships
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Job Type Full-Time