The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Technical Specialist PQMPlus in Monrovia, Liberia
Summary of the Position
The Technical Officer - Quality Management Systems (QMS), Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) will provide technical assistance to the Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA), pharmaceutical companies and other stakeholders in Liberia to strengthen their quality management systems. S/he must possess a deep understanding of quality management systems for medicines regulatory authorities and pharmaceutical companies in the low income and middle-income country context.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Supports improvement of the LMHRA’s overall QMS by helping to establish benchmarks and other internal performance measures.
• Assists in establishing the development of in-house training programs to ensure sustainability and transfer of knowledge to maintain the quality management systems of the LMHRA.
• Supports capacity building of the overall quality management systems of pharmaceutical manufacturers and other stakeholders receiving PQM+ support in Liberia.
• Advises on the interventions applied to address institutional development plans based on the findings of the WHO Global benchmarking assessment.
• Supports the roll-out of risk-based post marketing surveillance and the uptake and application of the Medicines Risk-based Surveillance (MedRS) tool in Liberia.
• Provide technical assistance for ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation and/or WHO prequalification by assessing, auditing, preparing and reviewing Quality Management System (QMS) documents.
• Keep abreast of the latest regulatory trends and WHO guidance.
• Actively contribute to annual programmatic and resource planning process and to the development of quarterly and annual reports. .
• Bachelor's degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, chemistry, engineering or science related field of study required
• Six (6) of relative experience providing technical assistance to quality control laboratories in either pharmaceutical companies and/or medicine regulatory authorities (MRAs) to ensure the availability of quality medical products.
• Direct experience implementing USAID-funded programs
• Working knowledge and understanding of regulatory systems strengthening in Liberia with an emphasis on Quality Management Systems
• Strong written (especially technical writing) and oral communication skills
• Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time.
• Direct experience with and understanding of WHO global benchmarking tool
• Experience in at least one of the following health areas: HIV/ AIDS, malaria, TB, NTDs, AMR, MNCH
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time