The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Communication Systems Engineer in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
This is a non-supervisory professional IT position in which the incumbent’s main responsibilities involve monitoring and maintaining the operation and stability of USP’s Unified Communications systems. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for leading and overseeing the design, installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of the Unified Communications system infrastructure. The incumbent will provide MACD support, monitoring, maintenance, and problem resolutions. The incumbent will also lead efforts to improve the Unified Communications systems and implement new technologies over time. They will also work with other IT personnel and USP staff to ensure that the Unified Communications system infrastructure components are fit for purpose.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide day to day move, add, change, delete (MACD) support.
· Lead and oversee efforts to design, recommend, and install new Unified Communications technologies that seamlessly integrate with the current network architecture.
· Lead and oversee implementation and integration services of all Unified Communications system components.
· Lead and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and professional services during project engagements and research & development queries.
· Provide troubleshooting of Unified Communications systems operational problems and assists with problem determination and resolution.
· Lead and oversee administration and maintenance functions for all the Unified Communications systems.
· Lead and oversee the monitoring and maintenance for the operation and stability of the Unified Communications systems; troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software issues.
· Identify and test emerging video technologies that would help close communication technology gaps in collaboration with other departments.
· Oversee training on video technology to technical staff as well as business partners to engage employees and promote better understanding of multimedia networking platforms and tools.
· Work closely with the Network Engineers to ensure high performance of video across the enterprise network through proper implementation of Quality of Service and appropriate calibration of video technology (bandwidth consumption, etc.).
· Lead and oversee new Unified Communications hardware/software installation and configurations that integrate with current systems.
· Participate and significantly contribute with assessment of compatibility of new equipment with current equipment; keeps abreast of new software/hardware developments
· Provide complete and accurate documentation as required by USP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related science discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in supporting the acquisition, configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Unified Communication systems.
· Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Call Manager
· Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX)
· Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) gateways for SIP trunking
· Cisco Control Hub
· Microsoft Teams for PSTN calling
· Communications protocols such as VoIP / H323 / SIP / MGCP / SCCP
· On-premises and cloud PBX deployments
· Call Center systems engineering experience
· Experience with router configuration, knowledge of voice mail, unified messaging, IM chat, audio, video conferencing, and real time collaboration
· Knowledge of various vendor technologies for VTC solutions
· Knowledge and experience with Quality of Service (QoS) and multicast technologies
· Knowledge of various global telecommunications standards helpful (e.g. E1, T1, etc.)
· Basic knowledge of system and network security
· Basic knowledge of networking technology
· Ability to learn new technologies and cross-train and/or be cross-trained as part of IT support team
· Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization
· Ability to manage shifting priorities and to meet deadlines
· Ability to work in a global organization, with nationals from other countries
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential
· Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Willing to work on off hours as requested
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time