The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Expert Committee Manager in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
This is a non-supervisory position that ensures the continuity of meetings and activities of, and relationships with, USP’s Council of Experts’ (CoE) Expert Committees and related groups. Activities include compendial projects that support program units, expert volunteers, and the development and revision of USP’s standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manages Expert Committees and their related groups (Expert Panels, Subcommittees, Collaborative Groups, etc.) by developing agendas, producing briefing materials, tracking action items, taking notes, and meeting outputs (including managing action items and logging meeting progression).
• Effectively communicates with program unit leads and works cross-functionally to manage and coordinate program-specific projects.
• Coordinates cross-functional support of meetings for Expert Committee and Expert Panel Meetings held on-site at USP’s Meeting Center and serves as the representative of USP.
• Contributes to Expert Committee Operations projects including process improvements, identifying system gaps and opportunities, and implementing tactics.
• Coordinates documentary and reference standards to new or revised standards from development through ballot preparation cross-functionally within USP. As needed, assists preparation of summaries of USP’s decisions (commentaries) as USP’s official response in collaboration with appropriate staff as needed.
• Contributes to Compendial Operations teams that are integral to the USP standard-setting mission and benefit the USP organization through Call for Candidates, CoE meetings, and Stakeholder interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related science and/or certification, with applicable work experience.
• A minimum of five years with a combination of relevant project management skills and/or scientific background
• Prior experience in a scientific based industry or association.
• Excellent project planning and project management skills
• Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• The ability to influence without direct authority
• Excellent facilitation, conflict resolution, and team building skills in the management of cross-functional teams
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and recognize issues potentially requiring upper management awareness and input
• Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project, MS Access, etc.)
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
The following COVID-19 provisions will apply to selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Professional Programs
Job Type Full-Time