The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Expert Committee Manager in Rockville, Maryland
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
This is a non-supervisory position that ensures the continuity of meetings and activities of, and relationships with, USP’s Council of Experts’ (CoE) Expert Committees and related groups. Activities include compendial projects that support program units, expert volunteers, and the development and revision of USP’s standards.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
• Manages Expert Committees and their related groups (Expert Panels, Subcommittees, Collaborative Groups, etc.) by developing agendas, producing briefing books, tracking action items, taking minutes, and meeting outputs (including tracking action items and logging meeting progression).
• Effectively communicates with program unit leads and works cross-functionally to manage and coordinate program-specific projects.
• Coordinates cross-functional support of meetings for Expert Committee and Expert Panel Meetings held on-site at USP’s Meeting Center and serves as the representative of USP.
• Contributes to Expert Committee Operations projects including process improvements, identifying system gaps and opportunities, and implementing tactics.
• Coordinates documentary and reference standards to new or revised standards from development through ballot preparation cross-functionally within USP. As needed, assists preparation of summaries of USP’s decisions (commentaries) as USP’s official response in collaboration with appropriate staff as needed.
• Contributes to Compendial Operations teams that are integral to the USP standard-setting mission and benefit the USP organization through Call for Candidates, CoE meetings, and Stakeholder interactions.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related science and/or certification, with applicable work experience.
A minimum of five years with a combination of relevant project management skills and/or scientific background
Prior experience in a scientific based industry or association.
Additional Desired Preferences
• Excellent project planning and project management skills
• Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• The ability to influence without direct authority
• Excellent facilitation, conflict resolution, and team building skills in the management of cross-functional teams
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and recognize issues potentially requiring upper management awareness and input
• Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project, MS Access, etc.)
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Professional Programs
Job Type Full-Time