The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Facilities Engineer in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
The Facilities Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for providing guidance and oversight to Third Party Maintenance vendors and contractors on day-to-day maintenance activities and improvement projects. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Facilities and will be responsible for managing capital improvement projects. The role of Facilities Engineering Project Manager is non-supervisory and will require independent working capability and partnership with stakeholders across the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage outside vendors and their staff to ensure that all items related to building maintenance are conducted in a timely fashion, per the manufacture’s recommendations or within required regulations.
• Capability of overseeing routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, on-call maintenance.
• Provides mechanical, and other advisory support for all building support systems including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, structural, plumbing and building automated systems
• Ensures preventative maintenance programs are established, performed, and properly documented for building, property, equipment, and machines utilizing Maximo or other software systems.
• Makes recommendations to add, replace, or eliminate equipment that supports building operations
• Assists in executing plans and project improvements, as well as monitoring building systems, correct defective and inefficient operations through remedial maintenance and on time response to emergencies.
• Assists in the management and support of laboratory alert systems such as REES Scientific LMS and other alarm monitoring systems.
• Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken
• Tracks spending by each piece of equipment to be used for justification of replacement or maintenance
• Takes part in the development of capital budget planning and execution.
• Maintains and updates all USP building as-built floorplans
• Provides project management support from initial designs through project completion.
• Actively works to identify productivity, efficiency, and other savings opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of facilities related experience.
• Minimum 3 years in managing projects.
• Experience in project management and maintenance management software desired.
• Experience in AutoCAD.
• Experience creating budgets and monitoring of department spending.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics, sketches, floor plans, specifications and instructions Strong customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must possess ability to adjust to changing priorities and exhibit sound judgment.
• Ability to interact with all staff levels in a professional manner.
• Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency when required.
• Must be organized and recognize the need to maintain building facilities in a neat and organized fashion.
• Ability to work independently and productively.
• Individual must possess the ability to influence without direct authority.
• Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
• Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
• Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must also be able to facilitate occasional projects not possible during normal business hours due to vendor necessity or customer impact (e.g. ability to be on call for any critical system issues).
• Capability to conduct basic maintenance activities as required to support the operation and proper functioning of critical locations and systems.
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Distribution/Facilities
Job Type Full-Time