The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Manager, USP Education Operations in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
This is a management/supervisory position responsible for leading a team in delivering USP Education courses globally. This team is responsible for planning and scheduling of courses and faculty, negotiating site contracts with host locations, management of the online registration system, and management and oversight of site logistics and materials for instructor-led courses, domestically and internationally. This position oversees the development, operation, and maintenance of course delivery platforms and all technology/tools critical to program operations to ensure positive learner experience and effective program management and reporting. In addition, this position works with internal and external stakeholders and customers and regional USP Education staff to develop and deliver educational courses and supports business development and marketing the courses externally.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Facilitates stakeholder relationships throughout the project lifecycle, including appropriate communications with external (clients, vendors, contractors) and internal stakeholders (USP Instructors, USP Labs, various departments).
• Manages team of training operations resources in delivering USP Education courses globally who assist customers with registration questions and issues, course planning and execution, and monitoring the voicemail and email inboxes.
• Defines department processes and SOPs related to course development and delivery.
• Manages all administrative and logistical details through completion of programs, to include registration, transportation, reservations, vendor management, meeting space specifications, A/V and materials shipment, lab materials, food and beverage requirements, accommodations for faculty, contracts and invoices. .
• Provides primary oversight for course registration and reconciliation of revenue for all regions and prepares and reports financial analyses of revenue, expenses, reach, and impact of courses and programs. Discusses actions needed based on results with the Sr. Director, –USP Education.
• Responsible for the accurate development and maintenance of all program related data, including training materials (e.g., eLearning software, slide decks, videos, workbooks, flash drives or CDs, course completion certificates, name badges, etc.), course catalog information, project planning and tracking information, marketing materials and website, customer feedback data, contracts, invoices, etc.).
• Partners with international account managers to identify new international opportunities and assists them with logistical arrangements for international course offerings.
• Oversees the contracting process for content developers, instructors, and translators, manages review by Legal department, and maintains and updates database of all USP Education contracts.
• Works with USP international sites to develop and maintain the course and instructor calendars. Identifies scheduling conflicts and proposes solutions.
• Assists Sr. Director, –USP Education with research, conducting data or market analysis for the development of a concept paper feasibility studies, developing business plans to allow management to evaluate various opportunities and concepts proposed by the USP Education department.
• Manages the post-course evaluation process to ensure participant feedback is captured and acted on accordingly.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience in account management, project management, education or international business.
• Minimum 1 years supervisory/team lead experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in account management, project management, education or international business.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of adult (science-based) educational programs and how health science organizations and associations develop, coordinate, and manage such programs is highly preferred.
• Experience in selecting and operating web-based educational platforms highly preferred.
• Background or expertise with marketing aspects of educational programs and initiatives is helpful.
• Experience with software programs to manage contracts and invoices is helpful.
• Basic knowledge of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare industry preferred.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal. Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail is required.
• Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to think critically and problem-solve.
• Must possess a proactive, results-oriented focus toward work and product deliverables.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in order of deadline and importance.
• Ability to work globally with colleagues and customers from different cultures.
Directly manages a team of education operations staff.
Functionally manages education managers and program leads at global USP sites.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
The following COVID-19 provisions will apply to selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Professional Programs
Job Type Full-Time