The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Production Coordinator, Translations (3-Year Fixed Term) in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
This is a three year fixed-term, hands-on non-supervisory position responsible for managing the production of assigned USP publication products, producing defect-free publications on schedule. The incumbent in this role will ensure that high-quality and efficient processes are used to produce these products from file translation through production and delivery on all platforms. The Production Coordinator will interface with translators, editors, scientific liaisons, internal USP business units and external vendors, to ensure accurate and timely completion, review, and delivery of content. The Production Coordinator may also be responsible for coordinating and supporting special and ongoing departmental projects as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinates all components required for the high-quality and timely delivery of publications, including reviewing and approving content at various production stages, coordinating accurate proofreading, overseeing corrections as necessary, and managing publication content version control.
• Creates and distributes product and project schedules in collaboration with other internal and external USP stakeholders as necessary.
• Tracks assigned products and projects daily, communicates status to all stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure milestones are met and work is on schedule, escalating issues as necessary.
• Manages external vendors and contractors such as translations and publishing vendors, responsible for feedback and issue management; writes work order specifications and prepares purchase orders.
• Assists with resolving quality problems and performs QC checks throughout the production process.
• Works with Publications Development team to ensure the accuracy and maintenance of assigned product stylesheets, reports and tracks issue tickets and escalates as appropriate.
• Works effectively with the USP document management system, component content management system (CCMS) and related tools, templates, and procedures to ensure accurate and efficient publishing of USP content.
• Participates in and coordinates special projects as necessary. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• BS or BA degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in production coordination or project management preferably in print and/or electronic publications.
• Fluency or proficiency in written and oral Russian preferred, but not required.
• Must be a team player and work well in a deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to establish schedules, prioritize and meet tight deadlines; must have well-developed time management and organizational skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities and ability to take direction.
• Ability to operate independently where appropriate, yet understands when to escalate issues.
• Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills.
• Sound analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications, including MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Knowledge of content management systems and digital publishing workflows strongly preferred.
• Experience with XML and oXygen software a plus.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Publications
Job Type Full-Time