The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) (Senior) Business Process Analyst - Science in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
This is a professional individual position responsible for examining business processes and workflows to create dynamic process models that can be simulated, analyzed, and executed by the business in support of operational excellence/transformation/continuous improvement and strategic initiatives for the organization. The Business Process Analyst will be a strategic partner to global business stakeholders at all organizational levels and across departments while meeting various initiative needs. In this role, the Business Process Analyst will work with internal clients in undertaking process improvement activities while managing critical connections, dependencies, and all deliverables, including those that have been published on the organization's official process repository. They will also assist business stakeholders with decision-making by modeling and simulating what-if scenarios. The incumbent may also manage operational programs/initiatives at the Department, Division, and Enterprise levels as needed in support of Business Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop process artifacts that:
o Provide an end-to-end view of the department, division, or organization
o Visually depict the operational blueprint of the organization
o Produce high level and detailed As-Is process maps to accurately depict the current way of working
o Produce high level and detailed To-Be process maps to accurately depict the proposed and improved new way of working
o Facilitate process improvement and cost-saving initiatives by analyzing and proposing improvements for business processes, taking into consideration the organization’s strategic goals and objectives regarding services, partners, key activities, and related projects
o Support the automation of processes
o Provide key insight into the performance of the business so that leadership can make informed decisions
• Ensure all Transformation/Continuous Improvement/BPM projects adhere to organizational process standards, guidelines, and principles
• Support the identification and development of process key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Develop dynamic process models that inform decision-makers and add value to the organization
• Provide insight to internal clients on opportunities for business improvement; making recommendations and solutions for consideration that will advance the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of the business overall
• Develop guidelines that facilitate staff knowledge of process model activities by delivering procedural guides for training and operational requirements
• Partner with cross-functional and global teams to assess new and emerging business needs
Business Process Analyst
• Bachelor’s Degree level education or equivalent experience.
• Four (4) years of experience in the life science, healthcare, or technology field.
• Five (5) years of managing process improvement initiatives experience at the department or enterprise level or related experience.
Senior Business Process Analyst
• Bachelor’s Degree level education or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years of experience in the life science, healthcare, or technology field.
• Six (6) years of managing process improvement initiatives experience at the department or enterprise level or related experience.
• The ability to influence without direct authority.
• Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
• Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees in a cooperative and friendly manner.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong project lifecycle and project management knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams within global governance.
• Able to effectively prioritize and efficiently manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrated experience with project championing and ownership.
• Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to mobilize stakeholders to results at all organizational levels.
• Experience in business process development or new capability building to support future state optimization.
• High comfort with navigating through ambiguity and frequent change, and course-adjusting in the moment.
• Demonstrated ability to distill information and complexities into actions and meaningful outcomes.
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with good judgment about what can work.
• Strong influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills to drive project success.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with audience-appropriate awareness.
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in process modeling software (e.g BizzDesign) use and BPMN 2.0.
• Lean, Agile, or related process improvement certifications together with demonstrated job application of knowledge is a plus.
• Constructively challenge the status quo for the good of the organization. Will seek to enlist supporters for the innovation process across the organization.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time