The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) (Senior) Global Biologics Marketing Manager in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
The (Senior) Global Marketing Manager, Biologics is a critical role within USP Biologics Global Marketing team and for the realization of USP’s Biologics Strategy. The incumbent will lead the development and execution of USP Biologics marketing programs in close collaboration with Global and Regional teams at USP. He/she will be in charge of defining target markets and customer profiles and craft campaigns aimed at generating sales leads and acquiring new customers.
The incumbent will also be in charge of increasing visibility of USP as an organization supporting Biologics industry through development of market awareness activities based on a deep understanding of customer and market needs, and challenges. This includes development of value propositions and associated messaging and tactical plans for USP Biologics products and services in different modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, peptides, antibiotics, vaccines or cell and gene therapies.
He/she will be a key member of the Biologics Industry Solutions team and will act as a change agent within the organization, fostering new ways of executing strategy, enhancing USP Biologics visibility on the market, growing sales, and ultimately creating value for biopharmaceutical community. This position is an individual contributor position.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build innovative marketing programs and campaigns in strong collaboration with biologics product and digital marketing partners, as well as field-based sales and scientific affairs partners
• Actively support new product launches, driving early adoption and growth of our portfolio of products and solutions used to accelerate development of biologics and peptide therapeutics
• Support achievement of overall revenue and marketing goals
• Ensure marketing budget is well planned and that return on investment is regularly evaluated
• Collaborate with global field sales, scientific, and marketing partners to:
analyze related competitive information, market, and customer data
facilitate effective program development that meets multi- and/or specific regional needs
ensure global efficacy of programs and align execution
• Collaborate with product managers, scientific staff, and external agencies as needed to develop product messaging, translating it into marketing collateral, promotion and commercialization plans
• Coordinate with other USP departments and functions to align programs, conserve resources, as well as support the overall USP marketing message and strategy
• Produce independently and with other USP and agency partners marketing materials (content) described in the marketing plan including, but not limited to: collateral, sales tools, flyers, application notes, whitepapers, videos, case studies, customer testimonials, emails, blogs, trade journal articles and web content to drive lead generation and sales.
• Drive lead generation and conversion by helping customers find the information they need to make an informed buying decision via innovative content creation and distribution tactics.
• Marketing Manager : Bachelor’s degree in biologics-related field with 5 marketing and/or sales experience in life sciences;
• Senior Marketing Manager : Bachelor’s degree in biologics-related field with 8 years marketing and/or sales experience in life sciences
• Demonstrated knowledge of marketing tactics and best practices
• Ability to lead by influencing and to generate enthusiasm with stakeholders
• Strong relationship building skills for networking
• Previous experience in Marketing communication or business development in the Life Science or Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Master’s degree or higher in biologics-related field
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong business focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with CRM (e.g., SalesForce.com)
• Ability to present high-level information for multiple audiences based on analysis and facts
• Excellent organizational skills
• Results driven, with an ability to work both independently and to influence without direct authority
• Strong problem-solving skills
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Chemistry & Scientific Standards
Job Type Full-Time