The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Senior Global Health Program Associate in Rockville, Maryland
The Senior GHp Associate is a hands-on, non-supervisory position that contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of activities within the Global Health Programs department of USP’s Global Health and Manufacturing Services (GHMS) division. S/he will provide operational support across several functions including new business, external visibility/communications and partnership management. Working under the guidance of the Vice President, and in close collaboration with other senior members of the team, this position will lead on key initiatives designed to streamline operations and support knowledge management activities. The Senior GHp Associate will interact with external stakeholders, including donors, partners and country counterparts.
The Senor GHp Associate is a critical team member with broad understanding of donor programming, the ability to work independently and lead on improving processes, creating, and rolling out tools and resources. S/he will serve as a key interface between the Global Health Programs team and other departments within GHMS as well as other Divisions within USP such as HR, Legal, Global Finance and Global External Affairs.
Roles and Responsibilities
Operational support and systems management (40%)
• Track deliverables and timelines in support of efficient and effective departmental workplan implementation; communicate updates at monthly team meetings and upon request to the Vice President and senior leadership in GHMS
• Manage the finalization and roll-out of SkillSeeker to ensure all staff competencies are documented and searchable in support of staffing projects with best-in-class experts; ensure the system is meeting staff and leadership teams, and that competencies are updated every six months or as needed. Develop appropriate training tools and support staff in using the system, including tracing metrics and reporting back to VP and SVP
• Manage GHp new staff orientation tool and process creation, including updating the orientation checklist, developing orientation modules with content owners, assigning relevant Campus modules, and acting as POC for new staff questions on systems and processes
• Manage the procurement process for consultants/vendors, including tracking deliverables and processing invoices
Leadership support (40%)
• Provide operational support to the Director, Asia based in Bangkok and the Regional Lead for Africa based in Kenya; this may include developing landscape analysis, donor and partner briefs, etc. Act as a liaison between their function and Rockville-based USP teams in support of their diversification and growth goals
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, including monthly GHp meetings, donor/partner meetings, etc.; draft minutes and track action items.
• Provide administrative support as needed
External engagement, communications and diversification (20%)
• Partner with Senior Manager, External Engagement and other technical and program staff to ensure high visibility at all prioritized events, including event planning support
• Provides support to the External Engagement function and Global Business Development in drafting/editing of program documentation, including assessments, surveys, reports, communications materials, briefing materials, and presentations for conferences, trainings, or workshops.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required (International Relations, Public Health, International Development, etc.); and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international organization (non-profit or for-profit) focused on international development.
• Experience supporting a diverse team with some remote members
• Proficiency in French strongly preferred – French speakers will have increased external responsibility
• Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment supporting several functions, preferably in global public health.
• Strong administrative support skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills
• Strong writer and communicator.
• Comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to support implementation of multiple projects in a timely manner, including support to development and monitoring of budgets
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
Generous paid time off – 15 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
The following COVID-19 provisions will apply to selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time