The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) (Senior) PAI Portfolio Manager in Rockville, Maryland
Summary of the Position
(Senior) PAI Portfolio Manager is an individual contributor position that will support the global growth of USP’s Pharmaceutical Analytical Impurities (PAI) portfolio. The role will define and oversee delivery of the strategy and roadmap for the PAI portfolio to achieve USP’s public health mission and financial objectives. The role will collaborate across the organization including Operations, Science, Regional teams, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and others to further USP’s mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of business goals and processes to inform product priorities and improvement recommendations.
• Develop strong relationships and regularly communicate with product stakeholders and customers to shape the product strategy and surface and prioritize needs.
• Lead product strategy, planning, and life cycle management efforts including forecasting and pricing.
• Analyze and monitor business, market, and technology trends to inform product strategy and proactively propose novel solutions.
• Establish product roadmaps and release plans that satisfy requirements and achieve business outcomes.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate product performance and proactively champion product improvements.
• Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks to achieve objectives for the product, including technical, business, and resourcing challenges.
• Manage investments and finances for the product, taking a return-on-investment approach to increasing the value while minimizing product costs.
• Support new product promotion, target identification and product launches.
• Support eCommerce platform to ensure information is accurate and meets customers’ needs.
• Support market research activities to deepen customer understanding and drivers.
• Continually seeks out ways to improve current USP processes and systems to improve the customer experience.
• Coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, meeting notes, and following up on action items.
• Attend conferences to promote product and service offerings to new customers/partners as well as nurture and grow sales with existing customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Five (5) years of hands-on experience managing products in the life sciences industry or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Two (2) years of experience in product manager role or customer-facing role in the life sciences industry or related field.
• One (1) year experience in a matrixed organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Eight (8) years of hands-on experience managing products in the life science industry or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Three (3) years of experience in product manager role or customer-facing role in the life sciences industry or related field.
• More than one (1) year experience in a matrixed organization
• Relationship building and collaboration skills across diverse and matrixed stakeholders and customers in technical environment.
• Ability to surface, prioritize, and balance multiple stakeholder priorities.
• Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including experience leveraging data to inform decision making and independently solving software engineering problems.
• Expertise in strategic thinking and strong business acumen.
• Strong experience in understanding business partner and client needs.
• Demonstrated success in defining and building products.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate independently where appropriate, yet understands when to escalate issues and how to establish effective working relationships in a team setting
• MBA preferred
None at this time
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Job Type Full-Time