The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Senior Program Associate in Rockville, Maryland
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
The Senior Program Associate is a hands-on, non-supervisory position that contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of activities within the Global Health Programs department of USP’s Global Health and Manufacturing Services (GHMS) division and across the Division as well as with other Divisions such as Science and D&I. S/he leads on the execution of key tasks across several functions including new business, external visibility/communications, and partnership management. Working under the guidance of the Vice President, and in close collaboration with other senior members of the team, this position will lead on key initiatives designed to ensure workplans are in place, new staff are onboarded effectively, streamline tools and operations and lead on knowledge management activities and supporting tools such as SharePoint, Salesforce, Determine, etc. The Senior Program Associate will interact with external stakeholders, including donors, partners, and country counterparts.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
Operational and systems management (40%)
• Coordinate the development of annual GHP/GHTP workplans, track deliverables and timelines in support of efficient and effective departmental workplan implementation; manage department monthly meetings, including developing the agenda, securing speakers, and communicating updates at monthly team meetings and upon request to the Vice President and senior leadership in GHMS.
• Develop PPT and other content for ET presentations, internal and external communications as requested.
• Manage GH (PQM+, GHP and GHTP) new staff orientation process creation in coordination with other staff, including updating the orientation checklist, developing orientation modules with content owners, assigning relevant Campus modules, and acting as POC for new staff questions on systems and processes.
• Manage the procurement and contracting process for consultants/vendors, including tracking deliverables and processing invoices.
• Develop dashboard for staff and leadership using data in DevResults in support of external outreach to existing and new clients.
• Represent USP at conferences globally, upon request.
Federal Practice management support (25%)
• Lead the creation and maintenance of tools and processes for documenting, tracking, reporting of federal sector activities, including but not limited to partner engagement, proposal pursuit and submission, etc.
• Lead on tracking revenue for internal communication and presentations.
• May manage proposals under the direction of the Senior Director, Federal Practice New Business ranging from $250K to $10M annual from solicitation release to submission.
Leadership support (20%)
• Provide operational support to the Director, Asia based in Bangkok and the Regional Lead for Africa based in Kenya; this may include developing landscape analysis, donor, and partner briefs, etc. Act as a liaison between their function and Rockville-based USP teams in support of their diversification and growth goals.
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, including monthly GHp meetings, donor/partner meetings, etc., draft minutes and track action items.
External engagement, communications, and diversification (15%)
• Work with Senior Manager, External Engagement and other technical and program staff to ensure high visibility at all prioritized events, including event planning support.
• Provides support to the External Engagement function and Global Business Development in drafting/editing of program documentation, including assessments, surveys, reports, communications materials, briefing materials, and presentations for conferences, trainings, or workshops.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required (International Relations, Public Health, International Development, etc.); and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international organization (non-profit or for-profit) focused on international development.
• Experience supporting a diverse team with some remote members.
Additional Desired Preferences
• Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment supporting several functions, preferably in global public health.
• Strong administrative support skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills.
• Strong writer and communicator.
• Comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to support implementation of multiple projects in a timely manner, including support to development and monitoring of budgets.
• Proficiency in French strongly preferred – French speakers will have increased external responsibility.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time