The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) (Senior) Social Media Manager - Hybrid in Rockville, Maryland
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
The Social Media Manager/Senior Manager is responsible for driving audience engagement on USP brand-level storylines such as supply chain resilience, biologic medicines, and advanced manufacturing on social media. They take an active role in translating USP priority issues and initiatives in ways that build greater reach, stronger engagement, and a higher quality audience.
The Social Media Manager/Senior Manager is a central figure in the Global Communications team. They develop and advocate for social media strategies and best practice adoption across the organization by engaging with the community of practice, providing expert guidance to peers, and activating USP employees. They stay informed of new digital trends, incorporate trends into the work, and educate peers of significant new developments.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
• Brainstorm, create and publish compelling social media content to extend USP’s mission, communicate our impact on the world to drive priority outcomes and create engagement with our priority audiences.
• Manage the monthly social media schedule, production, and reporting for assigned storylines.
• Monitor priority topics/conversations/influencers on social. Curate for engagement opportunities, engage directly and/or work with organizational partners to engage.
• Configure, launch, and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
• Contribute to the vision and implementation of the social media strategy for USP.
• Review social media performance and provide feedback and analysis to leaders and partners to inform optimization.
• Contribute best practices, case studies, and other information to the Global Communications Community of Practice.
• When applicable, manage the relationship and guide the work effort of our social media agency.
• Consistently scan the horizon for new social media trends and opportunities that amplify the USP brand, mission, and strategy.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, or marketing; or equivalent education and experience.
• Five (5) or more years of social media experience, preferably in public health, non-profit organizations, or pharmaceuticals.
• Strong hands-on experience with social media applications (e.g., social media management technology) and platforms (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube).
• Strong collaboration skills with deep social media knowledge, interpersonal savvy, and a track record of innovation.
Additional Desired Preferences
• Agency experience is a plus.
• Public health or pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
• Experience with Hootsuite, Canva, and Google Analytics.
• Excellent team skills.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Ext. Affairs, Regulatory, & Communications
Job Type Full-Time