The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Accounts Payable Specialist in Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, India
Summary of the Position
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs crucial job duties that ensure accurate and timely payment to vendors for services and products rendered. The Specialist reviews and enters invoices into the accounting system, answers vendor inquires, reconciles vendor statements to our subledger records, processes, and maintains 1099 statements. Handle a high volume of transactions and complete tasks on time. This is a non-supervisory position that reports to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Examine domestic and international invoices for compliance and enter data into Oracle
• Attach invoices and documentation into Oracle
• Perform monthly reconciliation of vendor statements to AP subledger
• Review and reconcile monthly outstanding check report and follow-up for resolution
• Respond to vendor calls and inquiries from AP inquiry mailbox
• Prepare and process weekly payment run to include checks, ACH and Wire payments
• Process expense reports using Concur SAP
• Assist with month end close, record Tax payments, review and clear outstanding AP checks.
• Assist in providing information to external and internal auditors.
• Participate in and support technology enhancement projects (UAT)
• Assist with yearly 1099 process
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced accounts payable department
• Bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting preferred
• Working knowledge of Oracle R12 or any large ERP accounting system.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high-volume environment
• Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, research, and resolution skills
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Motivated, self-starter
• Proficient in MS Office software, speficially Outlook and Excel
• Intermediate / Advance Excel skills
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Category Accounting & Finance
Job Type Full-Time