The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, India
Summary of the Position:
This is a hands-on position that develops and executes test plans, test scenarios, and test cases for all software products tested by Software Quality Assurance (SQA) within USP and serves as team lead as needed. In this role, the incumbent designs, develops, executes, and maintains automated test scripts and test data for functional and business scenarios tests. The incumbent must be able to support software testing needs for complicated functionality; workflows; usability on a variety of operating systems, browsers, and devices. This role will independently write and update automation scripts utilizing VBScript, and Selenium.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to participate in requirements, design, review meetings and evaluates requirements testability
• Works to identify and clarify design and requirements issues. Provides managers with SQA testing estimates on assigned projects
• Responsible to develop test plans that address areas such as database impacts, regression testing, functionality, accessibility (508) & usability
• Responsible to design, implement, and maintain automated test cases and scripts for functional and performance tests
• Responsible to execute test scenarios, test cases for software functionality, usability, regression and performance tests
• Responsible to monitor software defects and creates test results and defect tracking reports
• Explores and suggests risk based and business process testing strategies to meet project testing needs
• Working knowledge of Open-Source tools as Selenium Webdriver and TestNG is highly preferred. JUNIT, Maven, Jenkins and SonarQube for continuous integration/deployment and test automation experience preferred.
• Responsible to use Micro Focus Application Life Cycle Management (MFALM) product for testing and maintaining central repository of testing artifacts
• Responsible to design, develop, and maintain manual and automated Master Test Scenarios repository for User Acceptance Tests
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field with minimum 6 years of professional experience in software quality assurance; or 4 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree.
• Minimum of 4 years in Java, Web Framework applications. • Involved in Automated Testing Frameworks and Scripts development using selenium Webdriver with Cucumber framework using Java applications and PEGA tools.
• Testing experience with various client and server testing frameworks like Junit, SonarQube, JaCoCo, JMock, Mockito, TestNG, Jasmine, Selenium, etc
• Experience with build tools like GIT, Ant, Maven, Grunt, GulpJS
• Experience with Atlassian tool suite Confluence and JIRA
• Certification in Software Quality Engineering (CSQE), or similar certification.
• Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate global operation needs.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes (SDLC), procedures, and Software Quality Assurance methodologies
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled problem-solver and detail oriented
• Requires ability to work on assigned tasks independently with minimal direction
• Ability to identify technical risks, present solutions to within the team.
• Takes accountability for projects and deliverables and escalates appropriately and in a timely manner as needed
• Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with minimal oversight
• Must be a team player and work well in a deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to manage multiple projects, take direction, and produce defined results.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science
Job Category Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time